Sunday, October 4, 2009

Flora & Fauna

Pathway: 10/3/09, 12:18 pm, 1/500 sec, f/2.8, 5.8mm
This shot was taken at BYU-Idaho's horticulture's gardens. I had to wait for this shot because people kept walking in the shot because they were picking apples.
Leaf: 10/3/09, 7:06 pm, 1/10 sec, f/2.8, 5.8mm
This picture was out in Plano on my friends land. I like the water droplets in this image.
Horses: 10/4/09, 6:42 pm, 1/160 sec, f/2.8, 5.8mm
Out in Plano. There was so many of them and I liked a lot of different shots, but I liked how she is the main focus.

Cannon Powershot

Horse Poses: 10/4/09, 6:54 pm, 1/30 sec, f/2.8, 5.8mm
Out in Plano at a friend's house. He was staring right at me until I pulled out my camera. It was like he was saying "This is my better side." In the edited photo I decided to add a radical blur with a smart filter. It makes the photo have movement even though the original was still.




4 comments:

  1. I love your mix here of flora and fauna. The horses are gorgeous — you got some great angles on those. You used a good filter on the horse that adds to it (I feel a lot of filters detract from the photo, but you did well). I think my favorite of your photos this week is the leaf with the water in it. I love the shallow depth of field and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the picture you took of the leaf with the drop of water on it - there is a nice focus. The filter you put on the horse is cool too. The variety you have of the different horses gives the picture a nice feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did really well this week. My two favorite photos are the one of the leaf and the horses. I Love the leaf, the color is nice, the shallow depth of field is great to keep the focus on the leaf and I love the drop of water it makes the photo more appealing! I like the image of the horses because you chose to get closer and not show their whole bodies it makes it much more interesting. For your edited one your filter was a fun choice, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the smart filter horse photo. It looks SO neat! Great job. I also really like the leaf photo with water on it. The coloring and the macro on the water is wonderful. The other horse photo is beautiful as well. Great Composition.

    ReplyDelete