Sunday, October 11, 2009

Bannack Best

These images were taken at Bannack Montana. The camera was a Sony DSL-H7 10/7/2009. I really enjoyed this trip a lot and learned a lot in the process.
Portrait: 1:47 pm, 1/125 sec, f/2.8, 9.1mm,
I didn't edit this picture at all because I liked how my camera caught the light on the subject just right.
Broken glass: 2:41 pm, 1/40 sec, f/5.0, 5.2mm
To get this depth of field right I had to angle it just right. To edit I just used levels and saturations. I didn't want to do too much because I liked the original picture.
Ghost: 4:15 pm, 5 sec, f/2.8, 8.9mm
This shot took some time to get the right effect. I had the shutter open for 5 seconds. I had my subjects pose for 2 sec, and then run out quickly to get the ghost effect. To edit it I just adjusted the levels and the saturations so the light wouldn't wash out the subjects.
Stairs: 2:35 pm, .5 sec, f/7.1, 5.2mm
I turned around to go down these stairs and it seemed like a good shot. No editing done on this one.
Floating window: 1/160 sec, f/3.2, 15.0 mm, 12:13 pm
With this image I was inside the cabin taking a shot of the outside. I decided to change the angle to make the window appear floating. To edit the image I just used the unsharpen filter. I then adjusted the levels and the saturations.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent work on these photos. all the angles are good. The angle on Stairs is very good and the lighting really helps it out. I like it. My favorite out of all of them is Broken Glass. I too took a photo of those same items but my angle was much more boring than the one you have here. I did mine in HDR so it different in many ways. I also like Floating Window. at first I thought you cropped a photo and then put it at an angle and put it on a black background. However, now I see that this is how the photo was taken. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your HDR picture of the barbers chair came out really well - it really brightened up and had a lot of color in it. I like the feel of the broken glass picture, it has a great composition.

    ReplyDelete