Sunday, September 20, 2009

Study in color My color is green.




























The camera that I used was a Cannon power shot SD630 Picture #1 2009-09-19T10:13:47-6:00 Shutter speed 1/13sec. f/2.8, aperture, f/2.8, focal length 5.8mm, lens 5.8-17.4mm, and flash did not fire. To cut out the bowel from the original picture I used the quick selection tool, then added shadow edges to it then added a mask to use the eraser to touch up some of the rough spots.

Picture #2 I just had to find the right angle so I wouldn't get a glare from the light coming in from the window. 2009-09-19T11:09:28-06:00 shutter speed 1/60sec, f/2.8, aperture f/2.8, focal length 5.8mm, lens 5.8-17.4mm, flash did not fire, and tripod not used.

Picture #3 I took an up close picture not on the Macro setting. 2009-09-19T10:33:54-06:00 Shutter speed 1/800 sec, f/5.6, aperture f/5.6, focal length 5.8mm, lens 5.8-17.4mm, flash did not fire and tripod not used.

Picture #4 Is a Macro setting picture. 2009-09-19T09:52:43-06:00 shutter speed 1/80sec, f/2.8, aperture f/2.8, focal length 5.8mm, flash did not fire, and tripod not used.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Amelia, your pictures are sweet! The flower on the window sill is my favorite.

    Cutout: Looks good. I think taht we are supposed to put the original picture up that you took the cutout from. The bottom of the bowl seems a little crooked to me though.

    Picture 1: I love the white space and the lighting. The lower angle taht you took the picture from also add a nice effect to the picture. A little mroe lite on the green dress would be nice.

    Picture 2: You really know how to get a good angle. This picture is great to me. The colors look brilliant and it is fun to look at.

    Picture 3: I like this picture. The boca is good and the color, I jsut can't quite tell what the things are in the background.

    Nice photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutout: The cereal cutout was good. I think you know what you're doing in Photoshop. I would suggest maybe playing with the saturation and levels a little, but other than that great.

    Photo 1: You definitely knew where your light was in this and used it well.

    Photo 2: This is my favorite of your pictures. The use of light and lines in this is beautiful. The angle was also very nice.

    Photo 3: I love that you took something so simple such as earrings and made them so much more interesting. Your angle on this one is perfect. I like your depth of field idea, but it might help if you blurred the background a little less so we could see what it is. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the earrings photo! Nice angle and blur in the background. I also really like how green the bowl is, it catches the eye. I also like the rose picture, maybe if it was off center a little it would give it a whole new look. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete